Bodelwyddan Castle, close to the village of Bodelwyddan, near Rhyl, Denbighshire in Wales, was built around 1460 by the Humphreys family of Anglesey as a manor house. Its most important association was with the Williams-Wynn family, which extended for around 200 years from 1690. It is now a Grade II* Listed Building and is open to the public as a historic house museum.
The castle was bought from the Humphreys by Sir William Williams, Speaker in the House of Commons from 1680–1681.
Copyright: CC 3.0