Culross Palace

Historical building

GB |

Public

Source: Cactus.man

Copyright: CC 3.0

The palace, or "Great Lodging", was constructed between 1597 and 1611 by Sir George Bruce, the Laird of Carnock. Bruce was a successful merchant who had a flourishing trade with other Forth ports, the Low Countries and the Baltic countries. He had interests in coal mining and salt production, and is credited with sinking the world's first coal mine to extend under the sea.

Source: Wikipedia.org

Copyright: CC 3.0

More information

Address

Fife
United Kingdom

Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com