The University of Leicester Harold Martin Botanic Garden is a botanic garden close to the halls of residence for the University of Leicester in Oadby, Leicestershire, England. Founded in 1921, the garden was established on the present 16-acre (65,000 m2) site in 1947. The garden is used for research purposes by the university's Biology Department and features events such as sculpture and art exhibitions, music performances and plant sales. It is open to the public. The gardens surround several Edwardian era houses which are now part of Leicester University's halls of residence, including Beaumont House, The Knoll, and Southmeade.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Oadby and Wigston