Mynyddbach Chapel is the oldest Independent chapel in Swansea, Wales. In about 1640 a group of people met on the Sabbath and on week nights to read the Scriptures and have prayer in "Cilfwnwr" farmhouse near Llangyfelach & later at "Tirdwncyn". They continued to meet as a properly constituted church until 1762. In 1720-1759 the minister at "Tirdwncyn" was Samuel Jones. A piece of land was leased in 1761 and a chapel built there shortly afterwards, at Tirdoncyn-newydd near Llangyfelach. In 1867 the new chapel was built - it was extensively renovated in the 1930s.
Copyright: CC 3.0