Kirk Hammerton Church of England Primary School is a primary school located in Kirk Hammerton, a small village off the A59 road between Harrogate and York in North Yorkshire, England. It currently educates around 40 pupils under the Executive Head Teacher Miss Emma Miller, (in post since September 2011). Miss Miller splits her time between Kirk Hammerton and a nearby North Yorkshire primary school, Staveley Community Primary School; the two schools are in partnership meaning they have separate governing bodies and a joint governing body. The school has been housed in its present building since 1975 but the original schoolhouse (now called 'Glebe Cottage' and situated in the north-east corner of the churchyard) dates back to an agreement made on 27 October 1820 between the Vicar, William Metcalfe and the Squire, William Thompson. It is affiliated with St John the Baptist church, Kirk Hammerton in the Anglican Diocese of Leeds.
Copyright: CC 3.0