The Port of Hull is a port at the confluence of the River Hull and the Humber Estuary in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
Seaborne trade at the port can be traced to at least the 13th century, originally conducted mainly at the outfall of the River Hull, known as The Haven, or later as the Old Harbour. In 1773, the Hull Dock Company was formed and Hull's first dock built, on land formerly occupied by Hull town walls; in the next half century a ring of docks were built around the old down on the site of the former fortifications, known as the Town Docks – the first, The Dock , , Humber Dock , and Junction Dock – an extension, Railway Dock was opened to serve the newly built Hull and Selby Railway.
Copyright: CC 3.0
City of Kingston-upon-Hull