St. Monica's is a Roman Catholic parish church in Bootle, Merseyside. The church building was designed by the architect F. X. Velarde. Construction was started in 1930 and completed in 1936, and the church was dedicated by Archbishop Richard Downey on October 4th of that year. It is a brick structure with a green glaze pantile roof, and is a Grade II listed building. The church is inspired by German churches of the 1930s. Three sculptures of angels were sculpted by H. Tyson Smith. Other sculptures include winged creatures. The current priest is Father Pat Sexton who has been at the church since 2001 after he succeeded Cannon O'connor.
Copyright: CC 3.0