The Dupplin Cross is a carved, monumental Pictish stone, which dates from around 800 A.D. It was first recorded by Thomas Pennant in 1769, on a hillside in Strathearn, a little to the north (and on the opposite bank of the river Earn from) Forteviot and Dunning. In 2002 it was placed in the care of Historic Scotland, and was placed for preservation under the 11th/12th century tower of St Serf's church in Dunning (also in the care of Historic Scotland). Open to the public April-September.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Perth and Kinross