Balhousie Castle, located in Perth, Scotland , dates to 1631, though its origins are believed to go back a further three hundred years. It originally served as the seat of the Earls of Kinnoull, and stood within a walled enclosure containing subsidiary buildings, orchards etc., on a terrace overlooking the North Inch.
After falling into neglect in the early 19th century, the Castle was 'restored' , and extensively remodelled on a larger scale in 1862-63 in the Baronial style by the architect David Smart. No original features survive except for parts of the original rubble walls on the east side.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Perth and Kinross