RAF Greatham was an RAF station situated in Greatham, County Durham, England. Also known as RAF 'West Hartlepool', was located at Hartlepool and was little more than a grass airstrip, a satellite station of RAF Thornaby. It was home to four of 403 Squadron's Spitfires from 19 June 1942 to 22 January 1943— operating forward from RAF Catterick. Little now remains, as the site was developed after the war by British Steel.
Copyright: CC 3.0