Forest Chapel stands in an isolated position in the civil parish of Macclesfield Forest and Wildboarclough in Cheshire, England, within the Peak District National Park 4.5 miles from Macclesfield. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. It is an Anglican church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Macclesfield and the deanery of Macclesfield. Its benefice is combined with those of Jenkin Chapel, Saltersford and Holy Trinity, Rainow.
The original chapel was built in 1673. In about 1720 Francis Gastrell, Bishop of Chester noted that it was not consecrated. The chapel was almost entirely rebuilt in 1834.
Copyright: CC 3.0