Blackheath Halls is a 600-seat concert hall on Lee Road in Blackheath, London, United Kingdom. It claims to be London's oldest surviving purpose-built cultural venue. It was established via a public subscription and built in 1895 by William Webster along with the Conservatoire of Music and the School of Art (completed in 1896). The venue initially hosted orchestral and choral works and some of the 20th centuries’ most famous musical performers appeared there, such as Sir Edward Elgar, Dame Clara Butt and Percy Grainger.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Greenwich, United Kingdom
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com