The Casa del Fascio of Como , also called the Palazzo Terragni, is a building located in Como, northern Italy, a work of Italian rationalist architect Giuseppe Terragni.
Started in 1932 and completed in 1936 under the regime of Benito Mussolini as the seat of the local branch of the National Fascist Party, a Casa del Fascio, this municipal administration building was originally constructed with a primary view of functioning as an elegant "set piece" for mass Fascist rallies. Conceptualized as a classical palazzo centered on a glass atrium, it was frescoed with abstract paintings by the artist Mario Radice and the original project boasted an innovative changing facade illumination. It is cited as an exemplary manifestation of the International style of architecture.
Copyright: CC 3.0