Rocca dei Rossi is a castle located in San Secondo Parmense, northern Italy. It was begun in 1466 on land donated to Giacomo Rossi, a member of one of the most prestigious families in Parma. The stronghold was later turned into a luxurious manor including many beautiful frescoes by the best local artists of the 16th century. The last heir of the Rossi family donated the castle back to the Municipality of San Secondo and was used as Town hall until 2007. The manor is open and available to tours of its architecture and artwork all year.
Copyright: CC 3.0