Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Italia, Venezia
Number of texts: 1
It was established in the 1442, as a brotherhood of immigrants from Albania and served as cultural and social center of Albanian Christians residing or visiting Venice till 19th century. Initially the members were meeting at S. Severe, where a monastery dedicated to S. Gallo (Saint Gall) had been founded in 810. St. Gallo was chosen as the Patron of the Scuola, together with the Madonna del Buon Consiglio, called by them “Our Lady of Scutari”, the Protectress of Albania.