The Accademia di Belle Arti di Napoli is a university-level art school in Naples. In the past it has been known as the Reale Istituto di Belle Arti and the Reale Accademia di Belle Arti. Founded by King Charles VII of Naples in 1752, it is one of the oldest art schools in Italy, and offers various levels of study up to and including the equivalent of an Italian laurea . It is located one block south of the church of Santa Maria di Costantinopoli, on the via of the latter church's name.
The academy was founded in 1752 by Charles VII of Naples and had its origins in two schools, the Accademia del Disegno and the Accademia del Nudo . It was originally housed in buildings attached to the church of San Carlo alle Mortelle. For many years its administration remained under the control of the Reale Laboratorio delle Pietre Dure and the Reale Fabbrica degli Arazzi . Under Joseph Napoleon, King of Naples from 1806 to June 1808, it was given the name Reale Accademia di Belle Arti. Reforms in 1822 resulted in a name change to the Reale Istituto di Belle Arti, a name it would retain until 1923, when the Gentile reform of the Italian educational system, restored it to Reale Accademia di Belle Arti.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com