Zeldenrust is a smock mill in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands which was built in 1862 and has been restored to working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument, number 13097. The name translates as, "Seldom at rest."
Zeldenrust was built in 1862 on the site of the Driepiepstermolen, which burnt down in 1861. The mill was built by millwright F van Delden of Olderker at a cost of ƒ9,400 for miller J M Bakker. In 1912, Bakker died at 81 and the business passed to his sons. In 1921, the mill was sold to Lukas Jan Graver, later passing to Jan Boomgaardt. In 1952, the mill was bought by Johan van Tilburg of Nieuw-Weerdinge, Drenthe. Tilburg fitted the mill with more efficient sails. He sold the mill in 1966 to the VVV at Dokkum. The mill was restored by millwright Doornbosch of Adorp, Groningen in 1968–69. A further restoration was carried out by millwright Jellema of Birdaard in 1995.
Copyright: CC 3.0