Sint Martinus is a tower mill in Didam, Gelderland, Netherlands which was built in 1855 and has been restored to working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument.
In 1854, Theodorus Kempers was given permission to build a corn and pearl barley mill at Didam. The mill was completed in 1855. In 1942, the sails were fitted with streamlined leading edges on the Van Bussel system. Later, two Ten Have sails were fitted. On 12 November 1964, the mill caught fire. It was subsequently restored. In 1973, the mill stopped working because a pair of sails were loose in the canister of the windshaft. The mill was returned to working order in 1977. The work was carried out by millwright Groot Wesseldijk of Laren, North Holland. By 1997, the mill was again in need of restoration, and a planning application was made for the replacement of the sails. It was not until 2007 that the mill was restored to working order. The mill being sold in that year to the Stichting St. Martinusmolen. Sint Martinusmolen is listed as a Rijksmonument, № 12869.
Copyright: CC 3.0
6942 EW Didam