Teunismolen or De Haan is a smock mill in De Heurne, Gelderland, Netherlands which was built in 1822 and has been restored to working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument.
The mill was built in 1822 by millwrights Vriesen en Buynink of Lichtenvoorde, Gelderland for Wander Ormel. Originally known as De Haan, the mill gets its current name of Teunismolen from a farm that stood nearby. The mill remained in the ownership of the Ormel family until 1906, although it was worked from 1858 by Hendrikus Iding, and later by his son Stephanus. The mill was bought by J W Heinen in 1906, passing to his sons in 1937. In 1942, a pair of Ten Have sails was fitted; before this, the mill had spent some time working on only two sails. The mill ceased working in 1981 with the death of G J Heinen. It was sold by his brother H J Heinin in 1986 to the Gemeente Dinxperlo, which became the Gemeente Aalten in 2004. The mill was restored to working order in 1987-88. It is listed as a Rijksmonument, № 12924.
Copyright: CC 3.0