It looks a lot like the bow of a ship floating above the water. The round façade, made of glass from top to bottom with a view of the water, makes a lovely pavilion. The round pavilion was built in 1935 according to Dudok's design, in the New Objectivity style. It floats above the water.
The operation of the pavilion as troublesome. The leaseholder, Gerrit Bos, complained bitterly. At the opening of the port, the pavilion was not yet ready. Due to bad lighting and the nearby caravan park, the public did not dare to come to the pavilion. The director of public works thought that Bos just needed to do his best and not complain so much. The leaseholder was required to live at the pavilion. Bos felt it was impossible for him to live there with his large family. Dudok solved the problem handily while ensuring that the building maintained its architectural value. He designed an outbuilding in the same style with three bedrooms, a toilet and a shower.
The pavilion owes its name,Wildschut, to the leaseholder Cees Wildschut. He was a descendent of the well-known Hilversum restaurant family. The pavilion underwent major renovations. A reception room was added, with a toilet. The renewed pavilion was referred to by everyone as Wildschut soon after its opening. The pavilion led a thriving existence for years. After having various owners, the restaurant Lakes opened its doors in 2007.