The church of Saint John the Baptist (or as written by the parish H. Joannes de Dooper or as a variant in Dutch Sint Johannes de Doper) is a Roman Catholic church in Pijnacker. The church is cruciform and built in the neo-Roman style. It was built in 1892 and at that time was within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Haarlem which was later renamed the Roman Catholic Diocese of Haarlem-Amsterdam. When diocesan boundaries were redrawn it became part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rotterdam. It is the work of architect, Adrianus Bleijs. The name of the church has several variations. The parish website officially shows it as "H. Joannes de Dooper," (with no "h" and with two "o"s) but others list it as Heilige (or Sint) Johannes de Doper (with an "h" and with only one "o.") Above the entrance door of the church is found a bas-relief showing the baptism of Jesus by John.
Copyright: CC 3.0