The Fountain of the Iron Waters (Portuguese: Fonte das Águas Ferreas), is a Baroque fountain in the civil parish of Fraião, municipality of Braga. The fountain, with ornate backrest, is located in an "L"-shaped courtyard, with a zoomorphic spout, niche and contorned frame. The design integrates details approximating decorative elements used by André Soares, most notably the Municipal Hall and Church of the Congregados, highlighting the abilities of master-mason Paulo Vidal. However, this project was actually designed by Carlos Amarante, at the beginning of his career, having been appointed the inspector of public works in 1773.
Copyright: CC 3.0