Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Portugal, Lisbon
Number of texts: 1
The Estádio Nacional (English: National Stadium), also known as Estádio do Jamor, is a stadium that used to be the Portuguese national football ground. It is located in the Jamor sports complex, in Oeiras, near Lisbon. It was designed by Jacobetty Rosa and the building works started in 1939, with its inauguration happening on 10 June 1944 (Portugal Day) by the Council president António Oliveira Salazar. Architecturally the stadium is noteworthy for its open east side, unusual for a stadium otherwise featuring a typical oval configuration. Its current capacity is 39,000 and it is the venue for the Portuguese football cup final.