Public | Spanish
A Church of São Gião is an 18th-century church in the civil parish of São Gião, in the municipality of Oliveira do Hospital, in the Portuguese district of Coimbra. Classified as a national monument since 1910, it is locally known as the Cathedral das Beiras , although unrecognized by IGESPAR or the Diocese of Guarda.
The parish was founded in 1756. By the middle of the 18th century, the parochial church was re-constructed; by 1795, during the reign of King D. Maria, worked had continued on the presbytery and lateral altars, that also included paintings and main chapel.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com