John Gehman Farm is a historic farm complex and national historic district located in Hereford Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. It has seven contributing buildings. They are the 2 1/2-story, stone and log Swiss bank house (c. 1767); stone Pennsylvania bank barn (1806); 2 1/2-story, vernacular stone farmhouse (c. 1810), stable, wagon shed, and privy. The Gehman family owned the farm from about 1767 to 1945. They were of German ancestry, originating in the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany.
Copyright: CC 3.0