The Thomas Massey House is a brick and stone colonial house, located on Lawrence Road near West Chester Pike in Broomall, Pennsylvania. The brick section was created by Thomas Massey, a Quaker, in 1696 as an addition to an earlier wooden house. Thomas's son Mordecai Massey likely tore down the wooden house and built the first stone addition during the 1730s. A stone walled kitchen was added in the early nineteenth century with a second story added about 1860. The house was donated to Marple Township in 1964 to avoid destruction. The Thomas Massey House is one of the oldest English Quaker homes in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is on the National Register of Historical Places, and the Historical American Building Survey.
Copyright: CC 3.0