George Douglass House is a historic home and store building located in Amity Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1763, and is a two-story, sandstone building with a gable roof. The main section has a Georgian plan. Attached to the main section is a two-story store wing built about 1800, one-story smokehouse and wash house addition built about 1833, full width rear porch added about 1833, and a one-story kitchen wing added about 1900. Restoration of the house by the Historic Preservation Trust of Berks County took place between 1995 and 2002.
Copyright: CC 3.0