Chestnut Ridge and Schellsburg Union Church and Cemetery is a historic church and cemetery in Bedford County, Pennsylvania. The church was built by members of the Reformed and Lutheran churches in 1806. It was used by both congregations until 1843, and then by the Reformed congregation until 1853. The first burial in the cemetery was in 1806, while the church was being constructed. Workmen who were roofing the church placed a child named Whetstone in an unmarked grave. Nevertheless the cemetery was not formally organized until 1860, and did not receive a deed to the land until 1897.
Copyright: CC 3.0