Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United States, Allegheny
Number of texts: 1
Bigham House located at 655 Pennridge Road in Chatham Village, in the Mount Washington neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, was built in 1849. This was the former house of abolitionist lawyer Thomas James Bigham (1810-1884), and was “purportedly a station on the Underground Railroad”. These days, this Classical Revival house is part of Chatham Village and is used as a community clubhouse known as Chatham Hall. Chatham Village is on the National Register of Historic Places and is a National Landmark District, and this house was individually added to the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 1990.