After the great fire of July 4, 1866 burned over this area of Portland, Lincoln Park was laid out as a safety measure. The stately Victorian mansions which surrounded the park were gradually replaced by the public buildings one sees today, set off dramatically by the open space. A portion of the park was acquired for the widening of Franklin Street into a major arterial.
Copyright: All rights reserved
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com