18th Century. Neoclassical.
This neoclassical building of huge columns was erected with drawings of Melchor de Prado between 1769 and 1805, on the site that had occupied the College of Compañía de Jesús. The top floor was added at the end of 19th century. The pediment representing Minerva was then replaced by the giant statues of benefactors of the University: Lope Gómez de Marzoa, Juan de Ulloa, Alvaro de Cadaval and the count of Monterrey.
Inside are the cloister garden with fountain, the auditorium with paintings of Fenolera and Gonzalez, and the reading room, as well as the terraces overlooking the entire city.
Copyright: All rights reserved