The Casa de Campo is the largest public park in Madrid. It is situated west of central Madrid, Spain. It gets its name 'Country House' because it was once a royal hunting estate, located just west of the Royal Palace of Madrid. It was created in the early 16th century for use by the royal family and nobility, and was opened to the public in 1931 when it became a public park. Today, it is a popular green space and weekend destination for Madrid residents.
Its area is 1,722.6 hectares , about five times the size of New York City's Central Park or twice the size of Paris' Bois de Boulogne. The Casa de Campo is linked to the Parque del Oeste by the Teleférico de Madrid, a gondola lift.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0