Canet de Mar was an essential point of Catalan co-operativism. So much so that the first co-operative in the Spanish state was founded in Canet with the name of La Companyia. Around 1920, a new institution called La Canetenca decided to buy the land behind the church to turn it into the social premises and the shop. On the eastern side the building was built with designs by Rafael Masó, and it was decided to make a square on the western side. The premises, popularly known as the Odèon, was a hive of culture in the 70s and 80s thanks to the presence of many artists. The square also has a children's play area and is lined by numerous banana trees that give shade in the summer.
Canet de Mar